Our Board of Trustees, and other management and organising committees, are all run by elected or co-opted volunteers.
The Phoenix Community Centre was created by voluntary effort, and volunteers still play a vital part in all areas of its work. The Centre is a busy place and we are always eager to welcome new volunteers to help us.
There are many different ways to become involved, as you can see from the examples below.
If you’re interested in helping in any of these areas, or if you have have other skills or contributions which you think you could usefully volunteer to the Centre please get in touch.
Fundraising is crucial for us to renew and improve our facilities. Help is always needed with festivals, fairs, sales and raffles.
The management group is responsible for all the internal and external upkeep of the Centre. Volunteers with decorating and DIY skills are always most welcome!
Admin & Enquiries
We need volunteers to help with admin tasks, and also to help members of the public with enquiries when they visit the Centre.
General Requirements of All Volunteers
All volunteers will be required to:
- Be aware of Health & Safety issues and report problems or defects to the Centre Manager.
- Work within safeguarding guidelines.
- Establish good communications with the community and users of the Phoenix Community Centre.
- Liaise regularly with the Centre Manager, attend team planning meetings and contribute ideas and information to the programme of activities.
- Have a friendly, approachable manner.
- If necessary undertake a CRB check.
- Be expected to implement, promote and develop the Phoenix Community Centre policy on Equal Opportunities in all aspects of their work.
Normal Opening Times
|Monday||6pm to 9pm|
|Tuesday||5pm to 9pm|
|Wednesday||4pm to 10pm|
|Thursday||4pm to 9pm|
|Friday*||5pm to 10pm|
|Saturday*||9am to 6pm|
* Fridays/Saturdays - Open up to 1am for functions/events
** Open for Rugby junior matches